Friday, December 24, 2010

Photo Friday - The Moon Again & Moon Films - December 24, 2010

As you know if you've been reading the blog for a bit, since the Harvest Moon in September I've become a bit obsessed with taking photos of the Moon. So of course it was cloudy the night of the Lunar Eclipse last week and clear the next day. The Moon is just past full in these photos.

I'd like to take this time to wish all of my readers (who celebrate) a very Merry or Happy Christmas! I hope you get some great books and have a wonderful holiday.


.

I found this odd little film titled "A Trip to the Moon (Le Voyage dans la lune)". It's from 1902 and was written and directed by Georges Méliès. It reminds me in some ways of one of my favorite films, First Men in the Moon (1964), which is based on the H.G. Wells novel of the same name (trailer below).


Trailer from First Men in The Moon (1964)

2 comments:

  1. This isn't the first time that I've seen the Melies film. It's based on a Jules Verne novel. I've heard from several sources that some of Verne's details are uncannily close to actual statistics for the Apollo moon launches.Thanks for sharing an old favorite. It's hard to think that this is over one hundred years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the eclipse but think I have missed all of them!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete