Sunday, January 22, 2012

Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interview - Julia Talbot



Please welcome Julia Talbot as part of The Qwillery's Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interviews.


TQ: What inspired you to become a writer?

Julia: My mom was a campfire storyteller. From big fish stories to family history to, "No shit, there I was," tales, she taught me the value of character and pacing, I always wanted to be like her, but I also wanted to put my stories on paper and let so many more people explore them.

TQ: What is the most challenging thing for you about writing?

Julia: Getting the story finished. Once I know how it ends, it's hard for me to actually set it down on paper. I want to move on to the next story.

TQ: What writing achievement are you most proud of?

Julia: My first novel. I was so proud of finishing it, so excited to start shopping it. And it got published! You never get that same high again, no matter how much you write or publish.

TQ: What one thing should everyone know about your writing?

Julia: That I like people. Just folks, even if they're werewolves or vampires or smoke-jumpers. My narrative is never formal; it's tight third person particular (and sometimes first person) and my boys and girls think like they talk.

TQ: Please tell us about your latest and upcoming works.

Julia: My latest is a short story called Naughty: Popping the Cork, which is New Year's short for Torquere Press. It's a short, hot little werewolf tale about two guys who meet at a wedding. You can find it here: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_108&products_id=3479

Upcoming, I have a m/m/f shifter story coming out in February from Changeling Press called Outfoxed, a demon hunter story due in to Storm Moon Press, which is a romp with zombies, shifters, and lots of testosterone. For Torquere Press I have stories coming out in February in both Cereus: Opening, which is a paranormal series about a retreat for the things that go bump in the night, and in an anthology called Po Boys, about m/m romance in New Orleans.

TQ: Thank you for joining us at The Qwillery.

Julia: Thanks so much for having me! I love getting out there and meeting the folks who love to read!


About Julia

Julia Talbot has been assimilated by Texas, where there is hot and cold running rodeo, cowboys, and smoked brisket. A full time author, Julia has been published by Torquere Press, Suspect Thoughts, Pretty Things Press, and Changeling Press. She can most often be found in coffee shops and restaurants, scribbling in her notebook and entertaining other diners with her mutterings.

Julia's Links:

Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment