Sunday, October 03, 2010

Apple Picking - October 3, 2010 - Photos

I did not share photos on Friday so here are some that I took today.

My small humans and I decided to go apple picking. I've been going to the orchard that we visited today since I was a kid - well over 40 years!  I've taken my small humans for the last decade or so.

Some views


Apples!






Pumpkin Soccer

After we picked apples, we visited the corn maze.




 I never noticed the bottom of the corn stalks before:


The corn maze was a lot of fun. We hope to go back for the spooky Halloween corn maze later this month. After the maze we saw some horses in a field near the maze. It was chilly. They were wearing jackets.


Next we visited the orchard's store and the petting zoo. We picked up a beautiful pumpkin pie that was still warm from the oven. I'd share a photo, but it's been eaten already. We also purchased some apple cider and cider donuts. The petting zoo had 2 goats, a llama, a cow, and a sheep. The goats had unusual eyes.




 Our last stop was the Giant Pumpkin.

I love the Fall. There is so much to do each weekend. I'll share more of our 'adventures' here.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I miss apple picking and all the fall festivals from when I lived in upstate NY. I'm in FL now and it's just not the same.
    Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you :-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I'm glad that you enjoyed the photos. It was actually very chilly today. I almost needed gloves! I used to live in the Caribbean and missed this time of year dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH love all the pics!!! Love fall, sooo beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Beautiful day, gorgeous horses, and happy children - great weekend all around. Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. Those corn stalk "feet" are a bit creepy :)

    ReplyDelete