Saturday, June 23, 2012

Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interview - Stella Price

Please welcome Stella Price to The Qwillery as part of the Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interviews.


TQ:  What inspired you to become a writer?

Stella:  I have always written, though its been a long hard road to get where I am now. I remember I was in like 2nd grade, and a friend came over and saw something I had written, a funny little picture book about a fish. She ripped it up. Needless to say I stopped talking to her. After that, I loved creative writing in school, but became an art major instead. In college, one of my art teachers told me I sucked, and that I should just write, because that's what I was good at. I didn't take the old f**kers advice till years later when Audra and I decided we wanted to do something together.

TQ:  What is the most challenging thing for you about writing?

Stella:  Getting readers I guess. I mean maybe its just that our blurbs suck or something, but we have a hard time sucking readers in to try us. Once they do, they are loyal readers over all, but its a hard road. I guess its because we don't write the hot button subjects like BDSM and interracial that everyone is reading. Still its rather frustrating.

TQ:  What writing achievement are you most proud of?

Stella:  So far, its being mentioned in RT Magazine several times: One for being on their list of unusual paranormal creatures in romance and once for a 4 star review for a book the publisher swore wouldn't review well (especially since the other books they were so proud of only got threes).

TQ:  What one thing should everyone know about your writing?

Stella:  We write risk taking romance. We don't write heart of gold men, or superficially sassy females. We write what we wanna read, because we are tired of the cookie cutter books that are plaguing the shelves.

TQ:  Please tell us about your latest and upcoming works.

Stella:  Um we have some re-releases coming out this year, nothing new so far. We have some books in for submissions, but I'm not counting on them coming out before 2013. We haven't had a real release for two years.

TQ:  Thank you for joining us at The Qwillery.


About Stella and Audra Price

Bi-continental, Stella and Audra break all misconceptions about siblings. Writing as a team they have produced well over eighteen novels as well as several novella's and short stories. And nary an argument has come from it.

On their off time from writing, Audra is a makeup artist and Stella is a graphic artist and web designer, as well as the convention director for the Authors After Dark convention. They both love animals and have several including several snakes and a peacock.

Audra lives in Scotland with her husband and children, while Stella Lives in South Carolina with her dog Moo and her husband.

Website
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Re-release of the Eververse series in Print!

0 comments:

Post a Comment