Sunday, December 22, 2013

Melanie's Alternative Week in Review - December 22, 2013










Twas the Week in Review before Christmas,
when all through the blog
Not a reviewer was reading, instead they were drinking eggnog.
The books were stacked on the TBR with great care,
In hopes that a new ARC soon would be there.


I was nestled all snug in my bed,
While visions of book covers danced in my head.
iPad in hand and Kindle the favourite app
I had just settled in to read with a cat in my lap.


When out on the blog there arose such a posting,
I sprang from the bed to see who The Qwillery was hosting.
Away to my iPad I  ran in a dash,
To quickly get to the blog as quick as a flash.


The moon on the homepage rose like the twilight
Which gave a lustre of mid-day to posts on the site
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear?
But an interview, a guest post and a review from a peer.


So many new books just released and more to be read,
I knew in a moment there would be more reading in bed
More rapid than eagles came new series and debuts,
With the View from Monday I kept up with what’s new


Now Andrews, Now Geissinger, Now Morris, Now Shevdon
On Wendig, on Ballantine! on Holm and on Sullivan!
To the top of the TBR, to the top of the best sellers list!
Get reading, get reading, I really insist.


Back writing this Alternative Week in Review is my one big wish
Hoping to finish it so Qwill can publish
One last thing before I leave you…you know where this is leading
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and have a great week in reading

0 comments:

Post a Comment